Friday 22 April 2011

Feature Friday - Silver Birch Crafts

Friday again already and it's Easter Friday which mean no work and tomorrow we go on holiday to our favourite destination in the Lakes - Keswick!!  Next week I plan to do a special Royal Wedding Treasury so watch this space!!

Anyway as it's Friday I'm happy to introduce this week's Feature - Sarah from Silver Birch Crafts. 

I'm Sarah from Silver Birch Crafts.  I started the business in November 2009 and after making a few bits for family and friends, I decided to start making gifts to sell.   My husband has quite extensive spinal problems and unable to work, I am his full time carer so working from home is the best option.

My gifts are different from others as every item is unique and I put a lot of love and care into every item and with the Yellow Spotty Range developing all the time they are unique in every way!

Running Silver Birch Crafts is my full time job and  I am just setting up my own sewing area in my spare room, which I can’t wait to get in.  I sell from my website www.silverbirchcrafts.co.uk, but I also do a regular monthly craft market at The Village Hall in Tring the last Saturday of the month.  I aim  to have a regular client/customer base and perhaps an employee and a shop.

My advise for anyone considering setting up their own craft business is to research, and don’t expect to be successful straight away, it takes a lot of hard work and many hours.

You can follow Sarah on Twitter
Like her on Facebook
Email her at silverbirchcrafts@ntlworld.com.
Sarah also sells on Folksy http://www.folksy.com/shops/silverbirchcrafts

No comments: